Dr. Bernd-Wilhelm Schmitz
Dr. Bernd-Wilhelm Schmitz is a proven expert in complex commercial law disputes. He also heads internal investigations in the financial sector and in the area of directors’ and officers’ liability.
The focus of his work is on capital market, corporate and insurance law (D&O) as well as the professional liability of board members, auditors, tax advisors and lawyers.
- 2009–present Partner, Schmitz & Partner Rechtsanwälte
- 2004–2009 Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP, Frankfurt am Main
- 1990–2004 Partner, Clifford Chance LLP (formerly Pünder Volhard Weber & Axster), Frankfurt am Main
- 1986–1990 Partner of a renowned law firm specialized in appellate matters, Koblenz
- 1986 Doctorate (Dr. jur.), Universität Gießen
- 1984 Admission to practice law
- 1984 Second State Exam, Koblenz
- 1981 First State Exam, Bonn